top of page


Active Duty and Veterans Assistance


What is the Licensing and Certification Reimbursement Benefit?
The new licensing and certification benefit allows the VA (Department of Veterans Affairs) to pay you, if you are eligible, for a test for a license or certification. You can receive reimbursement for approved licensing or certification tests you take on or after March 1, 2001. These tests must be specifically approved for the G.I. Bill.

Note: VA can pay only for the cost of the test and not other fees connected with obtaining a license or certification.


Will this benefit really be a good deal for me?
In today’s business and government climate, having a license or certification can open doors for you. A license is required for most professions, and for jobs that are subject to State or other government regulations. Certification is voluntary, but frequently sought after. That ’s because getting a certification can help you get, keep, or advance
in a job. (By certification, we mean the certification you get by taking a specific test for a field of employment, not a certificate you receive for completion of training. However, you can also use your VA benefits for many school courses needed to obtain a license or certification.) In jobs from mechanics, installers, repairers to medical technicians to
therapists to computer network engineers, Web site developers, and many, many others, certification plays a key role.


How do I get reimbursed?

Most Vets are eligible for reimbursement of testing fees through the VA by filing VA form 22-0803. 

During your enrollment at AvTech Exams we will provide you with the proper form required for you to obtain your reimbursement.  

bottom of page